Collages are an amazing way to collect inspiration. Collecting a variety of things in one place can help you
visualize a collective summary of your aesthetic. If you are anything like me, it can change quite frequently.
A good way to organize your thoughts is by collaging. As high school as it may sound - it actually can be quite relaxing. Ive asked a few different creative minds to share some of the things inspiring them right now. These are the current inspirations of Margaret from Floral & Frayed.
The New Year has lead me to become inspired with all things simple, clean, and fresh. For me, a new year bring with it new opportunities, fresh starts, and and a drive to tackle my to-do list.
1. Since the holidays, I have been craving fresh food, especially fruit. I'm ready for lighter meals that make my body feel refreshed and energized.
2. One of my to-do list items has been to clean out my closet. I have never quite been able to nail down my exact fashion type, but I have always been drawn to classic pieces. As I go through my things, I have been trying to only keep classic pieces and items that I know I will wear continually. It feels so good to be able to consolidate and live with less.
3. Lately I've been drawn to all sorts of hand lettered quotes. I've been tossing around the idea of taking a calligraphy class, and I became inspired to start my own little hand lettered project for 2013.
4. I think I'm still in winter mode, but my heart has been wanting to be near the mountains. Preferably in a cozy log cabin with my ski gear near the door and a warm fire to return home to.
5. Winter break provided me with a lot of down time, in which I caught up on my reading list. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and reading for pleasure while still is school is difficult. It was so nice to have that time to do something I enjoy. I'm currently reading this fantastic book.
Definitely check out this lovely ladies blog over here.